I have been tagged by many people in the past couple months, so I finally am getting around to doing it. And I couldn't have a post all about me, so I added some of the newer pictures of Emery that I have taken.
100 Things about me: (I am sure that you can find 7 quirky things about me in it.)
1. I love online shopping! I do spend way too much money and time online. I think that it is so great that you can buy things without leaving my house…though I still do.
2. I love sleeping! Going to sleep at night is one of my favorite times of the day and waking up in the morning is the worst. At least, I have a great husband that will let me sleep through the night and not have to wake up with Emerson.
3. I am never completely satisfied with where I am in life. I think this is what keeps me going and becoming a better person. I do love where I am right now, but I know that I can be better if I work harder.
4. I love photographs of baby parts. My favorite ones of Emerson are of his hand and feet. He has an adorable face…but those hands and feet…
5. Sewing is one of my favorite hobbies…though the actual sewing part isn’t what I really enjoy. I love the cutting and preparing part of sewing.
6. I love word searches. They are just a great time waster.
7. My favorite restaurants are Outback and Red Robin. I think if I knew that I was eating my last meal it would be Cheese Fries from Outback and a Guacamole Bacon Burger from Red Robin. Loads of calories…but it would be my last meal…who cares!
8. I am a fabric addict. I am obsessed with going to the fabric store and buying fabric. I would buy fabric every day if I had the money. I have so much fabric that I have no idea what to use it for, but I just had to have it!
9. I have lost 10 lbs in the last 2 months! I have A LOT more to go…but that is a big accomplishment for me!
10. I love the smell of gasoline.
11. I was a math major in college.
12. When I go shopping, I shop for Emerson. I love buying him clothes and toys.
13. I cannot live without my TIVO.
14. I love TV, but I love watching series on DVD more…that way you don’t have to wait week to week.
15. I have the BEST baby in the world. I love him so much!
16. I really like to use … and ! when I write. I use them a lot.
17. I love my blog. It is so much fun looking back at it and seeing how much has happened since it started.
18. I love board games especially Stone Age and Ticket to Ride.
19. I HATE losing games, especially by a lot.
20. I buy things then lose interest in them quickly.
21. I want to become a professional photographer, but have a LONG way to go before that happens.
22. I love taking pictures!
23. I live in Beaverton, OR.
24. I say I grew up in Lilburn, GA though I was born and raised in Salt Lake City, UT until I was 10.
25. I have become a fan of computer games since being married. I am really enjoying a game called Civilization 4 right now.
26. My childhood best friend is Melissa Walker.
27. I can’t choose a best friend from my teen years…I had way too many GREAT friends.
28. I still play prididdle...the one headlight game…with Jason.
29. I really enjoy cooking…especially baking.
30. I want to be that mom that you hear about that makes crafts and fun things for every holiday and that everyone sits wondering how in the world she gets everything done. I have a long way to go for this.
31. I met Jason on a blind date.
32. Jason and I were in a Technical Writing class together a couple semesters before we were set up. We never talked to each other because we didn’t sit anywhere near each other. He was one of the nerds that sat right in front by the teacher. But his is one if the two presentations from the class that I remembered.
33. I was married on May 6, 2005 in the Jordan River Temple.
34. I chose the Jordan River Temple because when I was a little child, I remember driving through the parking lot there and seeing a bride. When I saw her, I said that I was going to be married there. I don’t know why that has always stuck with me, but I just had to fulfill that little girl’s wish.
35. I really enjoy puzzles.
36. I used to collect Teddy Bears.
37. I check my email like 10 times a day…except on weekends when Jason is home.
38. I am a procrastinator. I am working on being better at this.
39. I have worked in the Cub Scouts as a Den leader for the past 2 years.
40. I love digital scrapbooking.
41. I would love to learn how to design scrapbooking kits.
42. I own my first home.
43. I wish I had a lot more money to decorate my house.
44. My middle name is LaPriel. This is French meaning “The Pearl”. It is my Grandma Bush’s name.
45. I love the color brown.
46. My favorite color combinations are blue and brown or pink and brown.
47. I love taking naps snuggled up with Emerson.
48. I have never been a reader, but I want to.
49. I haven’t finished the Twilight Series or Harry Potter, but I have been reading them for a long time. (I have been reading the last Harry Potter since it came out and Twilight since January.) Hopefully I will finish it soon, so my friends can talk about it around me.
50. I am pregnant…just kidding…just wanted to see if you are reading this. I really enjoyed being pregnant and I am excited to do it again. With Emerson it took a while to get pregnant. SO to finally get pregnant we had to go on clomid. I am thinking that I am going to have to do this again for the next baby, but hopefully not.
51. I love the 5 hour Pride and Prejudice…this is one of my favorite movies.
52. I like to sing silly songs that I make up to Emerson while I do things, but then I start thinking that if another person heard it I would be so embarrassed because how terrible they are.
53. I like rain. Good thing because I live in Portland.
54. I hate driving in rain at night.
55. I went to BYU-Idaho for 4 years.
56. I have graduated with my associates.
57. I miss Rexburg sometimes. I loved the atmosphere of Rexburg.
58. I love Fong’s. This is the first “Chinese food” I have ever liked.
59. I hate Stew, Chili, and fish.
60. There is a place here called Costa Vida. A lot of my friends are obsessed with it. I guess that it is like Café Rio in Utah (I have never been). I went to it 3 times and just didn’t like it. Then 2 weeks ago I went with some ladies in my ward and now I am obsessed. I don’t know what happened but I just cannot get enough of it now.
61. I have a hard time getting rid of things. I wouldn’t say that I am a pack rat, but I do have a lot of stuff that I don’t need.
62. I love Rice Crispy Treats!!! They’re one of the biggest cravings I had when I was pregnant.
63. I want to be more talkative.
64. I want to be more outgoing.
65. I love having game nights.
66. I love having friends over.
67. I hate that my house doesn’t have parking, so I can’t entertain a bunch of people at once.
68. The best things that a friend can do for me is invite me somewhere. I feel liked when I get invited places.
69. I really want to go on a cruise to Alaska. Hopefully this will happen next spring if all goes well.
70. I have been to 42 states…only 8 more to go.
71. I love big cities. I would love to live downtown in a big city sometime. Now I am really going to have to wait until I am older to do this.
72. I hate traveling some place. I love being at the place once I am there.
73. I get motion sick.
74. I love roller coasters. I wish that we had a good amusement park near.
75. I am terrible at vacuuming. I just hate having to bring it up and down stairs. So only the floor that it is on gets vacuumed frequently.
76. I just got called as the Enrichment leader. I am so excited for this calling.
77. I love trees. I think that the greenness of them is beautiful.
78. I love fall because of the changing colors.
79. I think that spring is my favorite season though because it is so beautiful. All the budding flowers and the pink on the trees. Also, it is the ending of rainy season here!
80. I make and sell nursing covers and the Month to Month onesies.
81. I really want a laptop.
82. I would love a serger.
83. I am happy that I don’t have to work.
84. I love being a mom. It the center of my life.
85. I love date nights.
86. I HATE making decisions.
87. I am very indecisive.
88. If ever I see something that is Martha Stewart, I have to stop and long for it.
89. I really like to look for deals. I love consignment sales because you find such great ones on children’s stuff.
90. I want a really good picture of me. I would love to hire a professional photographer, but just can’t bring myself to.
91. I regret not hiring a professional photographer for my wedding and my bridals. Though I do have some really good pictures.
92. I love cooler days because I can build a fire.
93. I love sleeping with my window open when it is cold because I love bundling up in blankets.
94. I love to listen to a good funny store.
95. I like to laugh.
96. I don’t like politics…though I do like hearing Stephen Colbert talking about them.
97. I love relaxing in a hot shower.
98. I have the best family!
99. I am so in love with my husband and baby.
100. I love my life and the people in it!
Four Random Things I Like About My Husband
1. He deals with me making the same meals over and over again.
2. He is a great provider. I love how hard working he is.
3. A wonderful father. He is so in love with Emerson.
4. He encourages my hobbies, especially photography.
Four Jobs I Have Had
1. EFY Counselor--best job ever
2. “Glow” at the Stone Mountain Laser Show
3. Early morning janitor at BYU-Idaho
4. Selling Viking sewing machines.
Four Movies I Have Watched More Than Once
1. 10 Things I Hate About You
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. The Skulls
4. Lucky Seven
Four Places I Have Lived
1. Kearns, UT
2. Lilburn. GA
3. Rexburg, ID
4. Beaverton, OR
Four TV Shows I Have Watched
3. Big Band Theory
4. The Office
Four Places I Have Been Most Recently
2. Costa Vida
4. My house
Four People Who E-mail Me Regularly
2. Online Enrichment Group
3. Digital Scrapbooking Sites
4. Becky Wallace…church emails
Four Favorite Foods
1. Chicken and Rice with Gravy
2. Rice Crispy Treats
4. Chicken Enchiladas
Four Places I'd Like To Visit
Four Things I Am Looking Forward To This Year
1. Halloween...Emerson’s costume is SO cute!
2. Christmas! I can’t wait to see my family.
3. Going to New York City!
4. Learning more Photography skills. I hope that you learned a lot about me. And enjoyed the sweet pictures of Emerson!