Friday, September 14, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Man. I haven't been this busy in such a long time. I am used to sitting around my house all day and occationally having some fast errand to have to run. But, for the past 3 weeks or so I have been going non stop. This is actually the first time that I have had time to sit doen at my computer. To start off all my unrest...I went to Utah for my sister's wedding. It was so much fun seeing her and all my other sisters and family. I got to spend a lot of time with my two darling neices. They are so cute. I can't wait to add my baby to the mix. I can't believe that they are going to already be one by time my baby comes around. Here are some pictures from my trip to Utah.
The Happy Couple


Em and the Kids


Me and Kenzie
Lily
Me and Becca (my old roommate)
Dean
Mt. Timp Temple


After Utah, I got to have my parents and sister Olivia come visit. That was a lot of fun. We went to Multnomah Falls, the Japanese Gardens, and to the Oregon Coast. It was so much fun, except for the fact that I become car sick SO FAST while pregnant. Usually it takes an hour or so of driving to get me sick, but now it is almost instantanious. I was bad at taking pictures this trip, but here are a couple that I was able to snag.
Multnomah Falls. (MyParents, Jason and Olivia are on the bridge)


A couple of days after my family left. I had a doctors appointment. I was able to hear the baby's heatbeat for about two seconds. The baby just would not stop moving, so the doctor wasn't able to hear it any longer than that. But she said that is a good thing because we know that the baby is healthy and active. Pregnancy had been treating me pretty well. I have had a rough past couple of weeks. It was like when the second trimester hit, I thought that I would get a little better, but I have only gotten sicker. It has been frustrating, but I know that in about 5 months...all the sickness will be gone for sure (I will just be extremely tired from all my sleepless nights instead). Anyway, I have set up the appointment for the next ultrasound for the 4th of October. I can't wait to find out for sure what I am having...now everyone pray that the baby will decide to sit still long enough for us to be able to find out. I have too such sewing to do to have to wait any longer than that.

The day after the appointment, Jason and I took a little family vacation to Las Vegas. It was a lot of fun. The first two days, we got snagged up by some timeshare companies that were going to give us some free stuff if we would go look at there resorts. So we decided to go and get hit up for about 2 hours each time, but at the end we didn't get a time share, but we got a lot of free stuff. Actually we set a budget for each day and only two of the days did we even spend a penny from the budget. It was really nice.

Here is some of the things that we did.

We started out the trip by going to a show called ICE. It was amazing. It is an ice skating acrobatic type of show. They would have people skating on ice skate stilts. They had people hanging from the ceiling doing twists and turns. They had people riding bicycles with ice skates on. They had a girl that hula hooped about 10 hula hoops at the same time and was able to control moving them all up and down her body. It was SO cool.

The next show that we went to was Nathan Burton's Magic Show. That was a lot of fun. Magic amazes me. Some of the things that people can do is crazy.

That night we went to The Phantom of the Opera. The show was wonderful. I loved seeing it in person. It was beautifully done and well worth going.

The last night we went to Mamma Mia. I liked this show, but it doesn't compare to the wonderfullness of the Phantom. The music was a lot of fun. But the story line just didn't really thrill me.

Vegas was a lot of fun. Again I was a slacker with taking pictures, but here are a few we shot.
Jason and I at Mandalay Bay waiting for our show to start
Jason in front of Mandalay Bay

Looking out at the Strip at the top of the Stratosphere.

I didn't know that Jason was taking a picture...hence the look on my face.

The Stratosphere. This is where we stayed the 2nd half of the trip.

7 comments:

Amy and her little family said...

That sounds like it was so much FUN!! I can't Wait to see you SOON!! Love you Jeska!!

Natalie Putnam said...

Looks like you and Jason had a lot of fun with out us (didn't I tell you to wait until I was with you to have fun???) Well, I can't wait to see you next week. It seems like forever since I've see you even though its only been a few weeks! Take care of you and the baby!

Olivia said...

Looks like you and Jason had fun! I look so pale in that picture! Gasp!

Emily Christiansen said...

I am jealous you are getting to do so much this summer! I am glad you had fun in Vegas and I hope you enjoy New York.

Katie Smith said...

Oooh, it looks like Vegas was tons of fun. I haven't talked to you in ages and I miss you!!

Anonymous said...

So- you were at the Mt. Timpanogos temple and didn't tell me you were coming? Do you not realize that for a while we were less than 10 minutes away from each other!?! That picture of you and your niece is so beautiful!! I am glad you went and had fun- those vacations are harder to do with a new baby. not impossible mind you- just harder.

Dena said...

great to hear you had a blast in Vegas. Wish i knew you were going there I could have suggested a few places!! LOL